Stationary Bikes are commonly used for multiple exercises while staying in the same place. Here are 5 Stationary Bikes reviews for 5 best Stationary bikes of 2018.
Stationary Bikes Reviews
How to Choose a Stationary Bike
If you are serious about your health, and want to exercise your way to a stronger body, you need to decide which type of stationary bike is right for you. You can have the convenience of burning calories, toning your muscles, and cycling, from the comfort of your home. Stationary bikes actually strengthens the muscles in the calves, hips, legs, and thighs. However, choosing the right bike depends on your budgets and your fitness goals.
The bike you want might cost more than you are willing to pay. This is where you comprise, and compare. Comprise the price, if you can afford to go a few dollars over. You might have to miss that movie this month, or put off going out to dinner, but in the end, you will be glad you did. While most of the stationary bikes weigh less than 100 pounds, some bikes weighs up to 300 pounds and more.
Nevertheless, the average weight these stationary bikes can hold is up to 300 pounds. The costlier the bike, the more weight it can hold, and stronger the frame.
Determine how much you are willing to spend on your bike. Never go over a set budget, unless you have extra money set aside. However, you might be able to get the bike you want at a discount, especially during a clearance sale. You might not get the exact stationary bike you want, but you will be able to get a similar bike, with all the features you need. Sometimes paying a little extra for a better bike, can be worthwhile. Be sure to include the price of the warranty, in the price of the bike. Be prepared to pay for an extended warranty, separately from the price of the bike.
Consider Your Workout Goals
Think about what you want to accomplish before you make a purchase. Why choose a stationary exercise bike? How often will i exercise? What is my weight loss goal? The bike you choose must be compatible with your exercise habits. There are many stationary bikes for many different goals.
After researching, it might be easier to focus on a machine that offers all the features you are looking for. Bodyactif.com regularly updates a list of the best exercise bikes recommended by users.
Test out a Demo
Most stores have demos on the floor that customers can try because they buy. Take advantage of this opportunity. You will most likely find a few stationary bikes in which to choose. If the bike you want is not on display, you can probably see a video of the bike in action. You might need to ask the salesperson for more information. If you are not particular about buying a bike in the box, you might ask to buy the display bike. You can probably get the demo bike for a huge discount.
Be sure to check out the features on the bike, to ensure they are exactly what you need. If you are conscious about your health, you will undoubtedly want to purchase a stationary bike with all the latest monitoring features. For example, you want a bike with a heart rate, pulse, and calorie counter. You also want this information visible on a LED display monitor. If you are looking to lose weight, you want to keep up with the amount of calories you burn. If the stationary bike you want does not have these features, you are wasting your money. You get what you pay for. Do not settle for anything less.
The framework and artisanship are important manufacturer features you want to look at seriously. Some stationary bikes are made from cheap materials, and they are cost efficient. However, they are not durable, or stable. You want to consider if the seat is confortable, how noisy it is and how smooth is the pedaling… Never settle for a cheap bike, simply because it looks good, or it rides good. Looks can be deceiving. Stationary bikes max user weight are around 300 Lbs. Too many people have brought a bike, took it home, and several weeks later they are struck with a bike, they cannot use, and cannot return. Avoid making this type of mistake. Inspect the bike before taking it home, make your own list of “must have” for your exercise bike.
Here are 6 Types of stationary Bikes You Might Want to Consider Purchasing:
Versatile Upright Bike
- This type of bike is great for the busy office worker, or part-time student. Some of the features this type of bike has are a massage bar armrest, a sliding desk, and a backrest. It is like riding a bike in comfort. The recumbent stationary bikes are compact, portable, and easy to store. These combinations are often difficult to find in one bike.
Upright Folding Bike
- This type of bike is therapeutic, affordable, comfortable, and less ergonomic. At first glance, these stationary bikes might not look sturdy, or powerful, but looks are deceiving. The right upright folding bike can support weights up to 300 lbs. The seat is comfortable, the legs are stable, and the bike is lightweight; meaning it is easy to pick up and transport. It is easy to fold and store.
Full Body Exercise Bike
- A regular upright bike has limitations, on which parts of the body gets the most workout. A full body exercise bike focuses on working out the entire body, and not just the upper or lower part of the body. In a dual action setting, your arms, legs, hips and abdomen gets a complete workout.
- The recumbent bike provides back support, a comfortable seat and a cardiovascular workout that doesn’t stress the joints. It is a good option to consider for people of any sizes and fitness levels, and is often recommended in rehab programs. The rider ahs very low center of gravity, making the bike very stable. The Recumbent bike is far more ergonomic.
Indoor Cycle Trainer
- The indoor cycle trainer is perfect, if you like the feel of riding a real bike. An indoor bike can provide you with upper and lower body workouts. You can strengthen the muscles in your calves, arms, legs, hips, and abdomen. You can experience a full body workout, while clearing your mind. Put your bike in front of the window, and ride it while its’ raining outside. The indoor trainer is tailored to fit the most limited budget.
Home Spinning Bike
- A professional home- spinning bike can offer you workouts without compromise. Depending on the style of bike you choose, you can choose a foam seat, and a bike with a MP3 player. This type of bike rides smoothly, and you can easily adjust the seating to a comfortable workout position. With this type of stationary bike, you will definitely burn some unwanted calories. The home-spinning bike is expensive, but it is top- notch when it comes to quality.
No bike is perfect, but if your decision to buy a stationary bike stands, you need to consider the benefits a stationary bike can bring to your lifestyle. Knowing what kind of bike you need, can enhance your health tremendously, and improve your physical well- being.
Stationary Bikes Fitness Results:
- Non-weight bearing and low impact on joints
- Burns limited number of calories. Treadmills and ellipticals burn more.
- Boost metabolism with interval programs
- Strengh increases with higher resistance while exercising
- Good for knee, hip replacements or ligament repairs as weight is off of the joints
What is the best Upright Stationary Bike for 2018?
After 17 hours of research, reading Stationary Bikes reviews, exercise bike users and bloggers to help us find the best bike, we were able to make the top 5 Stationary Bikes for 2018.
Top 5 Best Stationary Bikes for 2018
The best Cheap Exercise Bike: Exerpeutic 1200 Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse
The best Cheap Exercise Bike of the the year is the Exerpeutic
1200 Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with pulse. It is our favorite and rated number one Cheap
fitness equipment. It is the best folding bike among all the stationary bikes we reviewed.
The best Under Desk Bike: DeskCycle Desk Exercise Bike Pedal Exerciser
This is the best Under Desk Bike for this year. This is new generation desk bike and more will come.
For a low price, you can exercise while working on a desk.
This is a must have machine if you don’t have time to exercise. It is quiet and compact bike.
The best Desk Exercise Bike: FitDesk FDX 2 Desk Exercise Bike
Though you could spend a lot more on a stationary bike with luxurious features, we think this
desk exercise bike meets all the features a person needs to be both healthy and productive.
The FitDesk FDX 2.0 is a unique invention that allows the user to exercise comfortably while
working or surfing the web .
The best Stationary Bike for Home: Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Upright Exercise Bike
The Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Upright Exercise Bike was voted the Best Stationary Bike
for home. It is a high quality bike providing full body workout. It is a perfect bike for the
whole family. It is not foldable but very compact and can fit in a small room. A bike that
works you out almost like an elliptical.
The best Upright Exercise Bike: Lifecore Fitness Assault Air Biker Trainer
The Best Upright Exercise bike of the year is the Lifecore Fitness Assault Air Biker Trainer.
It has unlimited resistance levels and Excellent instruction guide.
The bike provides up and down adjustments but also fore and aft. You won’t be reaching too much
for the handles if you are short and the handles won’t hit you in the chest or legs if you are tall.
Great Bike for both short and tall users. Buying the Lifecore Fitness Assault Air is a smart choice
and you won’t be disappointed for many years.